Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Great Day--the long way around

Today, on my 34th birthday, I am one year older and don't feel much different. The day started the same as all Wednesdays--crazy. With Jason out of town and 2 children on the verge of meltdowns, getting out the door for work and school seemed like a challenge. After, finally getting in the car, Maren managed to get peanut butter, literally, all over her and I realized I left my purse at home, which means no lunch, drink, natta and that I would have to run home after work to get it before going to dinner with Jill. While anxiously awaiting the 2 o'clock pharmacist to come in, I realized that they weren't coming until 4 and the kids were beyond filthy by the time I picked them up. After running home, changing their clothes and wiping them down and grabbing my purse (which I almost forgot, again), we were finally getting closer to a margarita. Then to see "CVS Coming Soon" right at the entrance to our subdivision was the icing on the cake. But as soon as I think the day is a "not so good" one, I realize with that all my friends calling, texting and e-mailing me "Happy Birthday" , it is a wonderful day! I am thankful to have wonderful kids that make me laugh (and cry), a wonderful husband, and wonderful friends and family. Even if the day doesn't seem to be going so great, it is always a great day! Also, Pappasito's (and that margarita) wouldn't have tasted so good if the day hadn't been what it was:)

And on to bigger and better things---
Jason has been MIA for the last week. He spent 5 days in NC golfing with his friends on their annual golf trip and then on to Orlando, where he is learning from Disney about customer service. He will, finally, make it back tomorrow. We will be happy, happy, happy to see him! So by spending all this time with the kids, I've heard stories and questions (mostly from Tate) like you wouldn't believe. Here is a small recap:
*"When is Maren going to grow up and be in my class?" (logical question)
*"Is Santa watching me?" Yes "I don't see his eyes. He doesn't live in Texas. He lives a the North Pole." (very observant)
*"Does Daddy want to move?" No, why? "I want to move to Jordyn's house--I like it there"
*"Can I ride in the cart? (at Target) I need to ride because I might get tired, run out of energy and have to sit down" (oh, brother)
*"Are snakes faster than alligators? Do they bite?" (too much Bindi)
*Trying to discuss the election on the Wednesday after election day, I was telling Tate we have a new president or boss and asked him if he knew who the "old boss" was. He didn't. So I told him, it's George Bush. He thought for a minute and said "Oh, I know. The NASCAR driver, Kyle Busch, and George Bush rhyme." OK, when NASCAR and history mix, you need to move on to a new subject.

By the way, if you've noticed no pictures, I think we all got pictured out in October. I don't think I've taken 1 picture yet in Nov. I'll catch up soon:)

2 comments:

  1. happy happy happy birthday!!! what a funny day-- glad you were able to squeeze some "me" time in at the end of it :) When Jason gets home, you need the day off!!! ta ta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one incrediable mom on the run. Maybe you should have ran the marathon instead of Jason, sounds like you have had plenty of practice. Love those kids!! They have such great conversations. Hope your b-day was a great one anyway.You wore me out just reading this blog. That`s why God gave us our kids at a younger age. THANK GOD!!!
    LaVona

    ReplyDelete